[vtkusers] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit

Fran Fabrizio fran at cis.uab.edu
Wed Dec 3 18:04:19 EST 2003

I get this error when trying to run the Step1/Cone example from the
Tutorial directory in the Examples...

[fran at freeman Java]# java Cone
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: VTKInit
        at vtk.vtkConeSource.VTKInit(Native Method)
        at vtk.vtkObject.<init>(vtkObject.java:98)
        at vtk.vtkProcessObject.<init>(vtkProcessObject.java:86)
        at vtk.vtkSource.<init>(vtkSource.java:86)
        at vtk.vtkPolyDataSource.<init>(vtkPolyDataSource.java:30)
        at vtk.vtkConeSource.<init>(vtkConeSource.java:114)
        at Cone.main(Cone.java:33)
[fran at freeman Java]#

I have made sure that vtk.jar is in the classpath (by dropping it into
my ext directory).  I have export LD_LIBARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/vtk/ so
it can find the libraries.  I have googled on this error without any
luck.  Does anyone know what I could try next?

Incidentally, the C++ version of Cone compiles and runs flawlessly.

Thanks,
Fran