[vtkusers] MacOS X Carbon Window Messaging Problem

Bradley Lowekamp lowekab at mail.nlm.nih.gov
Fri Aug 29 10:45:02 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I think that this is more of a general OSX problem and I don't
understand somethings about the bundling .app framework stuff. So I
have compiled a recent CVS version of VTK on OSX with Carbon and a
recent version of Tcl/Tk. And it compiles ok. The problem is that
whether I run a Tcl or a C++ VTK windowed application I don't appear to
be getting any messages for the OS; the app just sits there not doing
anything, not getting focus...dead like. I put one of the applications
in a hacked together *.app bundle and it seemed to work ok then. It
seems like I should be able to get executables  to work with out a
bundle; especially Tcl scripts. (hrmm... perhaps with an open command?
I should try that.) Does anyone know what is required to get a native
OS X windowed app running good? Get a good URL with the info?
          Also is there a way to make these app bundles with CMake?

 >Thanks
Brad