[vtkusers] Multiple renderers and offscreen

Patrick Brockmann Patrick.Brockmann at ipsl.jussieu.fr
Tue Aug 19 08:43:48 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Is there a way to save in an offscreen mode
one renderwindow with two renderers
into a single PNG image and a PS file ?

I have identified the vtkPNGWriter, vtkGL2PSExporter,
and vtkXOpenGLOffScreenRenderWindow compounds to make
the works but I have a problem during conversion
of renderers.

I am using vtkXOpenGLOffScreenRenderWindow
from Glen Lehmann
(http://www.imaging.robarts.ca/~glehmann/OffScreen/OffScreen.html)

You can find my materials from:
http://dods.ipsl.jussieu.fr/brocksce/vtk_pb01

My results are for now:

- interactively all the renderers are correctly converted
in PNG and in PS despite the specification as input for the vtkPNGWriter
of a vtkRenderLargeImage with a single vtkRenderer as input.
See tworenderers.py and results tworenderers.png, tworenderers.ps

- in the offscreen mode, using vtkXOpenGLOffScreenRenderWindow
instead of vtkRenderWindow, I got only one renderer converted
(which seems normal) in PNG and a PS file correct despite the
message:
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x2200003
  Serial number of failed request:  36

Hope that someone could help on this.

Patrick

mailto:Patrick.Brockmann at cea.fr
01.69.08.40.09 --> LSCE (Orme des merisiers 701, Bureau 50)
01.44.27.21.10 --> IPSL (Jussieu, Tour 26, 4eme)
http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~brocksce/