[vtkusers] How to use data type "double" with vtkPoints ??

Sergio Andrés seanru_nigu at yahoo.es
Mon Aug 18 12:59:34 EDT 2003

Hello all!

I am using vtkXMLPolyDataReader for reading and
creating a new vtkPolyData from a .vtp file that I
created by using vtkXMLPolyDataReader.

My problem is that I would like to use double as type
of point coordinates, but when I read with
vtkXMLPolyDataReader I always get a vtkPoints object
whose data type is VTK_FLOAT, since float is the data
type that is used by default when vtkPoints::New();
is called.

I know that if I use vtkPoints method
"SetDataTypeToDouble()", the data type become
double but the data is removed.

How could I read from a .vtp file an specify that the
data type is double???

Thanks in advance!!

Sergio.