[vtkusers] Re: VTK: Mouse Wheel Event

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at ewi.tudelft.nl
Mon Aug 18 08:12:13 EDT 2003

Hi there Mathieu,

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 13:15, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I believe none app is able to know what a wheel event is. They all
> assume that Button4 and Button5 are map to the wheel.

Urgh, I've had a look at the aterm source and the gtk source and it does
seem to be the only way to trap wheel motion.  I must admit that for a
while I was confused as to the direction of the mapping, which delayed
my understanding.

> > I hope I have made myself clear this time.
>
> So do I. This an extremely interesting debate, but I am having headache
> as I still don't know if I understand the real problem. If so please
> apologize, and I'll just give up.
>
> I'll keep mouse wheel event as a local change.

This is what debates are for.  You are completely right and now I'm also
100% sure of your solution.  Please keep working on your patch: I think
it's a good idea if we could integrate this into VTK.  An extra
interaction possibility is always welcome! :)

Thanks for your patience,
Charl