[vtkusers] run vtk project under Dev-C++

jli023 at cs.auckland.ac.nz jli023 at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Aug 17 22:56:42 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I tried to figure out how to run vtk project under Dev-C++.

I generated VTK libraries using cygwin because Dev-C++ uses linux style libs.
Then trying to link the vtk libs to a vtk project by adding

-lvtkCommon
-lvtkRendering
-lvtkIo
-lvtkImaging
-lvtkHybrid
-lvtkParallel
-lvtkGraphics
-lvtkFiltering
-lvtkzlib

or

C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkCommon.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkFiltering.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkGraphics.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkHybrid.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkImaging.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkIO.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkParallel.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkRendering.a
C:/Dev-Cpp/lib/libvtkzlib.a

to the project's parameters tab under "Add library and object" section.

but it does not work, and gives heaps of link errors:

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN13vtkConeSource3NewEv'

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN17vtkPolyDataMapper3NewEv'

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8vtkActor3NewEv'

Can anybody point out to me how to run vtk project under Dev-C++ IDE?

Thank you very much,

Jing