[vtkusers] 2D drag/drop

sdor5151 at mail.usyd.edu.au sdor5151 at mail.usyd.edu.au
Wed Aug 13 06:25:24 EDT 2003

Hello all!

  I am trying to manipulate 2D polygonal data via a UI. (eg. drag nodes) like in
the following :P

o   o
|  /
o-o   o
  o-o-o

o-o

  First of all what is the best representation for the points (given that the
lines may overlap)? At the moment I'm using vtkPoints for points and
vtkCellArray to represent junction of points...

  For the manipulation, I've seen a few widget examples for 3D, but I'm not sure
how to tackle this situation in 2D....
  Do I need to use vtkPolyDataSourceWidget?

  Can someone please give me some hints / sample code?

  kind regards,

Steven