[vtkusers] Implementing FFD as a VTK class

Greg Scott g.scott at oneteldsl.net
Thu Aug 7 11:42:20 EDT 2003

Hi there,

I am in the middle of writing some simple free form deformation (FFD) code
to deform a polydata set in a similar way to that provided by
vtkThinPlateSplineTransform. I was hoping to put the code into a filter or
transform class which I can then use as normal. However, I am very new to
VTK, and (a) adding a subclass of, say, vtkWarpTransform looks like a lot of
work, and (b) I'd like something that I can get to work as a filter quickly.

So I was wondering, does there exist some class which I can extend that
provides me with everything but an empty DoIt() type method which I can
write, with access to an input and output poly data set? Does anyone have
anything like this from their own projects?

Many thanks for suggestions.
Greg