[vtkusers] vtkPolyData exported to OpenInventor

imho imho at bephp.com
Wed Aug 6 16:49:16 EDT 2003

Hi Mathieu,

see my interlaced answers :

>     Next time you should proceed step by step. For example, with your old
> pipeline:
>
>  vtkContourFilter -> vtkTriangleFilter -> vtkDecimatePro ->
>  vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter -> vtkPolyDataNormals -> vtkStripper ->
> vtkPolyDataWriter
>
> *then* write a simple python script:
>
> r = vtkPolyDataReader
> w = vtkIVWriter
>
> you'll see your file will be buggy.

that's what I've tried in fact, and as you say my file is buggy

> Then try:
>
> r = vtkPolyDataReader
> clean = vtkCleanPolyData
> w = vtkIVWriter
>
> in order to remove all degenerate cells
>
> r = vtkPolyDataReader
> clean = vtkCleanPolyData
> tf = vtkTriangleFilter
> w = vtkIVWriter
>
> in order to: first remove degenerate cells, *then* turn strips into
> triangle (and not the contrary!)
>
> HTH
> mathieu

I've just tried this now, and I still have the same error.
So I'll try what you've said, a correct pipeline :

 vtkContourFilter -> vtkDecimatePro ->
 vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter -> vtkPolyDataNormals -> vtkStripper ->
 vtkCleanPolyData -> vtkTriangleFilter

and then a  vtkPolyDataReader -> vtkIVWriter

I'll tell you what I've got ;-)

thanks (again)

imho