[vtkusers] Common/Makefile problem

Ben FrantzDale frantzdale at intelligent-imaging.com
Mon Aug 4 17:14:44 EDT 2003

I'm compiling VTK on OSX. I was getting this error: "ld: can't map
file" for which google brought up only hits for VTK. (the file in
question was /usr/lib/python2.2.

For me the fix was as follows in Common/Makefile, there was this line,
except that after -L/usr/lib/python2.2 there was an extranious
"/usr/lib/python2.2". Changing it to this fixed the error. I'm not sure
what cmake did to cause that error, though.

	c++ -bundle -flat_namespace -undefined suppress   -o
/Users/ben/Desktop/vtk/VTK-4.2.2/bin/libvtkCommonPython.so
$(vtkCommonPython_SRC_OBJS)  -L. -L/Users/ben/Desktop/vtk/VTK-4.2.2/bin
-L/usr/lib/python2.2 -lvtkCommon -framework AppKit -lpthread -lm

I hope this is helpful. (Or that it's since been fixed.)

--Ben