[vtkusers] question: resize polydata

Christos Panagiotou cpanagio at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sat Aug 2 16:12:48 EDT 2003

Dear all

I need to use vtkPCAfilter and vtkProcrustesAlignmentFilter in 2+
 different pointsets.
The objects they represent are similar ( they all come from different
sets of 2D images where each
set represent a volume). However the sets contain different number of 2D
images, so the
points contained in the vtkPolyData (after reading all files) are
different for each set.

As PCA and Procrustes methods can operate *only *in sets with the same
number of points,
does anybody know how could I resize the polydata sets to the same
number of points?

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

I would be really really greatful for any advice

best regards
christos

p.s. if the resizing can be done with minimum loss of topological data
it would be even better,
however just resizing will do! thanks again