[vtkusers] Light bug ... (Better explained)

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Wed Apr 23 11:51:56 EDT 2003

Hi Sebastien,

> As you can see in the "after.jpg" image, the red sphere
> doesn't seem to update the way its receiving light !

Thanks for so neatly illustrating the problem. I feel this may
be related to a lighting problem I wrote about earlier: images
rendered off-screen are not getting the same user-defined lights
currently applied to images rendered on-screen.

One of the following may need adjustment:

 1. our updating of time-stamps, or
 2. the logic used for updating the lights
    in the low-level Render operations

vtkRenderer::Render() makes a fairly complicated test of
when and what to "update".  If a call to Render() does in
fact trigger a call to DeviceRender(), then DeviceRender()
tries to get the lighting right.  I have not yet stepped
through a debug version to work out what needs to happen.

Nigel

confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of
this communication or the information in it is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.

Keep up to date with what's happening in Australian sport.
Visit http://www.ausport.gov.au