[vtkusers] [vtkusers]vtk using haptics

Volpe, Christopher R (Research) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Tue Apr 15 09:23:19 EDT 2003

As part of our internal augmentation of vtk called "gevtk", we have a haptic
application based on a vtk class that wraps a very small portion of the
GHOST library. In fact, it's just a vtk wrapper around the gstForceFeedback
class. In the callback we call another class that implements all the haptic
collision and reaction logic. We haven't wrapped any other portions of the
GHOST library because we model our haptic objects as volumes, not polydata,
for performance reasons.
Chris

Dr. Christopher R. Volpe, Ph.D.
Computer Scientist
Visualization and Computer Vision Lab
Imaging Technologies
GE Global Research Center
Bldg KW, Room C215
P.O. Box 8, Schenectady, NY 12301

(518) 387-7766, Dial Comm: 8*833-7766, Fax: (518) 387-6981
e-mail: volpecr at crd.ge.com    web: http://www.crd.ge.com/~volpecr

0LAPAROSCOPIC%
20SURGERY%20SIMULATION.htm
http://www.fz-juelich.de/vislab/virtual/svt/

This list is by no means complete, and there is probably a whole lot more
information out there.

Its a topic close to my research interests as well, so if anybody has been
able to work haptics into the VTK pipeline (or vice versa!) I'd also love to
hear about it :)

Cheers,
Bhautik

Bhautik Joshi