[vtkusers] VTK-Phantom

Volpe, Christopher R (CRD) volpecr at crd.ge.com
Wed Oct 18 14:10:30 EDT 2000

Let me rephrase that: I've encapsulated a VERY LIMITED portion of the Ghost API to allow us to do all
our own force modelling in our application, without having to deal with all the scene-graph stuff. It
basically creates a gstForceFeedback node inside a trivial scene graph and provides a simple API for
getting positions and orientations, and setting forces and torques. We don't use any of the
polygonal-based collision detection that GHOST provides.