[vtkusers] About Book

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Apr 15 04:56:43 EDT 2003

    JW> Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:
    >>  Jeremy Winston <winston at cat.rpi.edu> writes: > $65 is a few of
    >> hours of tutoring, or ~6 hrs of TAing, right?
    >>
    >> Wrong!  $65 is more than half a *months* stipend where I come
    >> from!!  So, while $65 is nothing for some folks its heck of a
    >> lot of money for some others.

    JW> All apologies.  My unintentional U.S.-o-centricism is showing.

No offence taken, I was just reminding folks that the value of money
differs from place to place...

    JW> I guess the tutorial previously mentioned is the way to go,
    JW> then.
    JW> http://cherokee.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~semeraro/PPT/VTK_TUTORIAL/v3_document.htm

Yes, its pretty nice.  Thanks for the url, will be useful to point out
to.  This along with the IEEE paper by W. Schroeder et al. should
hopefully give a new user a decent start.  The IEE paper and some
others are available from here:

  http://www.barre.nom.fr/vtk/links-doc.html

cheers,
prabhu