[vtkusers] Rendering Multiple Volumes

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe at mirada-solutions.com
Mon Apr 14 06:42:26 EDT 2003

> the texture-mapped planes is ordered back-to-front globally
> for the two
> volumes.  Even this is not a complete solution, as the planes can
> overlap.  One could perhaps pre-blend the volumes cleverly if the
> volumes remain static with regards to each other.

oooh. nasty indeed. Preblending would sort of work, but then you'd need to remove one of the overlapping regions. However it's not a nice solution because of the probable need to store the original if anything moved.

> > JB (PS. I may need correction on some of the above)
>
> Or elaboration. :)

Indeed. reading a bit more of the posts would probably have given me a clue that raycasting wasn't being used. oops.

JB