[vtkusers] How to use vtk in VC++?

Mdl mdl78 at libero.it
Thu Apr 10 18:39:24 EDT 2003

>I am a beginner of vtk.  I'd like to know the first step I need to do if I
want
>to build a project in VC++ 6.0

First of all you can find the instructions somewhere in the docs; there are
also many old posts in the mailing list that can help you.
Anyway, assuming that you do not want to compile VTK but only to build your
projects, the short answer is that all you need to do is get the
pre-compiled libraries (*.lib) and tell the linker where to find them (in
the Project properties). Of course, to get your code compiled you also need
to tell the compiler where VTK header files (*.h) are (it depends upon where
you installed VTK).

Hope that's enough, otherwise check in the docs or on the website
(www.vtk.org).

                        Marco Di Lorenzo
                        (mdl78 at libero.it)

IAC-CNR di Roma
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo "M. Picone"
Viale del Policlinico, 137
00161, Roma