[vtkusers] Finding the appropriate vtkCommand::*Event

John Hunter jdhunter at ace.bsd.uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 10 06:37:35 EDT 2003

>>>>> "TDeschamps" == TDeschamps  <TDeschamps at lbl.gov> writes:

    TDeschamps> I would still like to be able to call these events,
    TDeschamps> but I really want this process to be called all the
    TDeschamps> time when no other event is.

As far as I know, VTK doesn't have an idle event or a timer event that
happens every so often whether or not you are interacting with the
window.  While there are vtkCommand::TimerEvent's, I don't think these
are issued when the window is idling.

GTK provides timer and idle event loops.  Perhaps the GUI system you
are using does as well?

John Hunter