[vtkusers] problem of using vtkPLYReader

shuang shuang112 at 163.com
Thu Apr 10 04:59:55 EDT 2003

 Dear all:
     I'm a newcomer of VTK.I have problem of using vtkPLYReader.
     I write a program to read and view the PLY model,but there is something wrong with vtkPLYReader.when I make the project,there is a make error:

     undefined reference to 'vtkPLYReader::New()'

     I installed VTK 4 under Redhat8.0 correctly;
     I can compile the examples with VTK and run them;
     I use cmake to generate the Makefile.

     My code with vtkPLYReader is as follow:

  #include "vtkPLYReader.h"
  int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
  {
  vtkPLYReader *r=vtkPLYReader::New();
  }

 If I just define the pointer and dont allocate memory,and use some other method of vtkPLYReader as SetFileName(),there is no error when I build it,but when run it,as supposed,segmentation fault.

  Can you tell me the reason and how to solve it?

 Thanks in advance!

 Shuang