[vtkusers] About problems with connecting to www.vtk.org

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Apr 7 17:56:12 EDT 2003

Hello All,

Since people are worried, let me answer like this:

	All our servers are working fine.

www.vtk.org is the same server as public.kitware.com and that is one
that manages all our mailing lists. So, if you get e-mail from this
list, that means that on our side things more or less work.

The reason for recent problem is therefore not the servers themselves,
but the network between wherever you are and downtown Clifton Park, NY.
That said, I suspect it may had something to do with the ice storm we
had here last weekend. It did cut down a whole bunch of electricity,
phone, and cable TV lines. Since Internet needs electricity, chances are
that parts of the local infrastructure was also down.

Thank you for your concern.

			Andy Cedilnik
			Kitware Inc.