[vtkusers] vtkMesaRenderWindow problem ( related to Mangled Mesa)

Berk Geveci berklist at nycap.rr.com
Mon Apr 7 09:30:12 EDT 2003

> I compiled VTK-4.2.1 with mangled mesa on Redhat 8.0. I can run the example
> VTK/Rendering/Testing/Tcl/MesaText.tcl. But I can not run the script located
> in VTK/Examples/MangledMesa/Tcl: OffScreenCone.tcl and
> OffScreenPrinting.tcl. The error is there is no "vtkMesaRenderWindow". I do
> not know why. I compiled the vtk package according to the
> Examples/MangledMesa/readme.txt. The Mesa library I used is Mesa-5.0.1.

These two scripts are broken. They will be fixed in VTK 4.2.2. For now,
you can edit them and replace vtkMesaRenderWindow with
vtkXMesaRenderWindow to fix the problem.

> Could you give me some help on this problem? I compile this function mainly
> for animation , generating a series of png files, then use other software to
> combine them to a avi file. I could not use vtkRenderWindowToImage to write
> more than one output file.

If you do not need offscreen rendering, you don't have to use mangled
mesa. Just use a vtkRenderWindowToImage (make sure you call Modified()
on it everytime you render a new image).