[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor controls

Steven Boyd skboyd at ucalgary.ca
Sat Apr 5 10:08:58 EST 2003

Hello,

I have two questions regarding the vtkRenderWindowInteractor:

1. How do I set the interactor to "ObjectMode" (i.e., so the actor
rotates, not the camera) versus "CameraMode"?  I read that I can press
the "o" key while interacting, but is it possible to set the default
interaction mode to ObjectMode in the source?

2. Can I restrict the mouse interaction to rotations in one plane (i.e.,
rotation about the Z axis) rather than 3D rotations?

Thanks,

Steve

--
Steven Boyd, PhD

Assistant Professor
Department of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
University of Calgary
2500 University Drive, N.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T2N 1N4

tel. 1.403.220.4173  fax. 1.403.282.8406  skboyd at ucalgary.ca