[vtkusers] awt_Lock

philipp.batchelor at kcl.ac.uk philipp.batchelor at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 13:53:48 EST 2003

> What does the stack trace look like?  awt_Lock comes from java libs.
> Can you post the offensive code and also include a copy of the vtkPanel
> you are using?  Is this vtk4.2?
> -Jeff

Yes, sorry, vtk 4.2, (gcc 3.2).
In matlab, the whole error message is:
<BEGIN MATLAB ERROR>
>h = javaObject('HelloWorldApp')
??? Error using ==> javaObject
Java exception occurred:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
/projects/vtk/linux2.2/vtkNightly/VTK-4.2.1/bin/libvtkRenderingJava.so:
/usr/local/java/j2sdk1.4.1/jre/lib/i386/libjawt.so: undefined symbol:
awt_Lock
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1382)
        at vtk.vtkPanel.<clinit>(vtkPanel.java:31)
        at HelloWorldApp.<init>(HelloWorldApp.java:22).

<END MATLAB>
The HelloWorldApp.java is
<BEGIN JAVA CLASS>
import vtk.*;
public class HelloWorldApp {
    public HelloWorldApp() {System.out.println("Hello Yalin!"); };
    public static void hello() {
        System.out.println("Hello World! 2"); //Display the string.
    }
    protected vtkPanel renPanel = new vtkPanel();

}
<END>

Without the vtkPanel line, matlab runs the class as expected.
Doing  System.loadLibrary("vtkRenderingJava"); leads to the same error
message.
Cheers,

>vtk
mailing list led me to try putting a > >