[vtkusers] wxPYthon and VTK - help Required

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Fri Sep 27 03:13:57 EDT 2002

    CS>     1) For wxVTKRenderWindow.py - The window with the cone was
    CS> there a way for the vtk scnene to appear with out resizing .

    CS>     2) For wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py - I am getting the
    CS> following stack trace

    CS>     C:\vtk\Wrapping\Python\vtk\wx>c:\Python\python.exe
    CS> wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py

[snip]

    CS>     Could anybody explain what could be the possible error.. I
    CS> have the latest version of wxPython and a Nightly build of VTK
    CS> .

That is very strange.  If you compiled Rendering then
vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor should definitely be there.

On a python shell try importing vtk and then try create a
vtkGenericRenderWindowInteractor and see if that works.  If it doesn't
then you have something strange.  Maybe you have an older version of
VTK installed and its picking up those set of DLLs?

cheers,
prabhu