[vtkusers] Trouble with VRML Exporter

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Thu Sep 26 17:24:28 EDT 2002

I have a dataset of unstructured points with vertices. I render these with
PolyDataMapper okay. In parallel I use this pipeline to create a surface:

points->vtkDelauney3D->vtkGeometryFilter->vtkPolyDataMapper etc.

I can see the point cloud and the surface in my renderwindow just fine. However
when I export the render window with vtkVRMLExporter all I see is the point
cloud (WinNT- Internet Explorer with Cosmo vrml viewer, also Win98SE - Netscape
6 - Cortona 4 viewer).

The output of GeometryFilter is vtkPolyData with 7533 points, 14058 cells, 2
verts, 300 lines, 13756 polys.

Any ideas why the surface is not showing up in the vrml??

I'm not too good at reading vrml files but here's a chunk that looked
pertinent....seems like the Exporter is doing its job??   Any help really
appreciated....john

Transform {
      translation 40 0 0    <==== I TOLD IT TO DO THIS IN VTK
      rotation 0 0 1 0