[vtkusers] Compiling for Python1.5
tapadmin at swbell.net
Tue Sep 24 20:35:26 EDT 2002
This is how I go it all running on python 2.2, probably some unnecessary or
wrong steps but it worked.
1. upgrade the python installed on my Redhat 7.3 system with these rpm
and for fun get this too.
2. rpm -Uvh all the above rpm files
3. I've got VTK installed in a $HOME/VTK folder
4. Install cmake in $HOME/CMake
5. Add this to your PATH
6. Then run ccmake from the command line in the VTK folder and change the
include and lib paths from python1.5 to python2.2
generate and exit and run make.
7. su and from $HOME/VTK run make install (probably not necessary but I got
8. create this PYTHONPATH env var
9. I download this from Prabhu Ramachandran's website to test it all.
Muchisimas gracias Prabhu!
10. In your MayaVi-1.2 folder after untarring MayaVi su and run python2
11. exit su, cross your fingers and run mayavi
Good luck :)
tparker at atlasbuilders.com
> -----Original Message-----
> From: vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
> [mailto:vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com]On Behalf Of Torbjørn Lindahl
> Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 6:25 PM
> To: vtkusers
> Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Compiling for Python1.5
> Hmm.. a little more information may be required after having re-read my
> I am on a RH 7.3 linux system.
> I have downloaded and installed cmake and it seems to work like it is
> supposed to.
> The "make" prosess then completes with no error messages.
> Still "import vtk" or "from vtk import *" does not work.
> Torbjørn Lindahl
> On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Torbjørn Lindahl wrote:
> > Hello list, if this is a topic that has already been discussed, then I
> > apologize.
> > I am currently trying to install vtk for Python1.5, and I cant
> seem to be
> > able to do it.
> > During configuration I answer "ON" on the Python wrapper and the paths
> > found for python are all correct.
> > However "from vtk import *" does not work.
> > I am tearing my hair off from my head trying to find solutions
> on the net.
> > Regards,
> > Torbjørn Lindahl
> > _______________________________________________
> > This is the private VTK discussion list.
> > Please keep messages on-topic. Check the FAQ at:
> Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
This is the private VTK discussion list.
Please keep messages on-topic. Check the FAQ at:
Follow this link to subscribe/unsubscribe:
More information about the vtkusers