[vtkusers] Mac OSX and VTK 4.0 question

John jss at au.mensa.org
Tue Sep 24 05:05:01 EDT 2002

hi,

ok, well, i first compiled VTK3.2 ages ago and VTK4.0 with CMake
when it first came out. So the version of CMake i used initially and which
i just used again recently to recompile VTK4.0 after upgrading my linux
from Mandrake 8.0 to 8.2 was ... version 1.0 and it was a bit crappy
and i was a bit sceptical of it.

But ive just checked and CMake is now at 1.4.3 so it should have had
most of its little glitches ironed out. So its time for me to upgrade
my cmake obviously.

It does look like poor MacOS X users are still having problems with
it tho, so i hope the problems there are sorted out pronto. MacOS X
users must find it highly annoying that a few glitches in cruddy CMake
are preventing them from compiling the wondrous VTK.

some more informative help strings for the user-configurable switches
would also help ... hint hint to VTK developers...

bye,

john