[vtkusers] Mac OSX and VTK 4.0 question

John jss at au.mensa.org
Mon Sep 23 23:21:35 EDT 2002

Hi Gala,

export LIBRARY_PATH
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/vtk

to your .bashrc (if you are using bash) or whatever is appropriate for the
shell youre using and the location of your VTK libs.

hopefully that will do it.

A better way to fix the prob i think is to maybe give gcc a
-L/usr/local/lib/vtk and then specify what libraries you want to link
against with -l (lower case L)

i havent tried compiling C or C++ apps with VTK4, as i use the tcl system
but you will probably have to let your compiler know that it should also
look in /usr/local/include/vtk for your vtk header (*.h) files (or wherever
you have put them on your system)

something like this may do the trick:
export C_INCLUDE_PATH
C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include:/usr/local/include/vtk

or:

export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include:/usr/local/include/vtk

or you may prefer to add a directive when you compile to tell gcc to search
in the right place for vtk includes.

-I/usr/local/include/vtk
that was a capital i by the way there.

i am really vague on this but i think you probly have to do something like
the above.

John