[vtkusers] Mac OSX and VTK 4.0 question

Gala Wind wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Sep 23 18:01:05 EDT 2002

After several months of absense from the list, "Gala'Vi and Liss @
Mainframe Country" is back, under a different e-mail address. I've
moved on from NCSA and now reside at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.

Yeah, and we've got Macs. I've managed to get VTK 4.0 working without
too many problems before on Linux. I've ran 3.2 on Mac OSX with a very
good degree of success.

Now I'm on 4.0, with CMake and all this crud. VTK compiled fine with
X11 and OpenGL support and tests run and display fine on my new
dual-processor G4. However, I don't seem to be able to compile an
application using VTK 4.0. It just barfs at me with a bunch of
unresolved symbol errors (unresolved for every object there is) I think
this has something to do with the absense of lib*.a files, but there
doesn't seem to be any way that I could think of to get the static
libraries to build. I'm not a CMake pro and am lucky that the darn
thing worked. I liked the old way much better, at least I didn't have
to deal with yet another nasty package.

Anyways, if anybody managed to get their own test applications to work
on OSX, please let me know.

Gala Wind
(301) 614-6221
wind at climate.gsfc.nasa.gov
Code 913, Climate and Radiation
L-3 Comm/ Emergent East
NASA/GSFC
Greenbelt, MD 20771

   -- There's always a way, you just have to find it.
			( B. Hambly "Children of the Jedi" )