[vtkusers] Unable to run wxVTKRenderWindow example

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Mon Sep 23 13:34:54 EDT 2002

    CS> Hi , I am trying to run the wxVTKRenderWindow example and am
    CS> getting error messages " Procedure entry point could not find
    CS> entry point ...for InitTriangulation at vtkOrderedTriangulator
    CS> .... in vtkCommon.dll . "

    CS>     I have installed the vtk 4.0 binaries, Python 2.2 and am
    CS> running windows 2000 .

Looks like something on your build is broken.  Do other VTK Python
examples work?  Can you 'import vtk' without error?

    CS>     On a tangent , has any body integrated vtk and wxPython
    CS> . What is the general performance like . Are there any GUI

Both wxPython and VTK-Python are thin wrappers around the native
wxWindows and VTK.  As such performance is very good.

    CS> widget sets other than Qt , that have widgets like table (
    CS> Spreadsheet ) , good Xml Api's and also integrate very well
    CS> with VTK.

I think wxPython does have a spreadsheet and some sort of XML support
(I haven't used it tho).

prabhu