[vtkusers] Transparant polydata

David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz David.Pont at ForestResearch.co.nz
Sun Sep 22 21:16:51 EDT 2002

Patrick,
   You should also be able to do this with a texture, see the vtk  book. I
can see discussion, examples etc in my copy of The Visualisation Toolkit,
Second Edition starting around page 402.

  Dave Pont

|--------+--------------------------------->
|        |          "Koning, P.J.H. de     |
|        |          (LKEB)"                |
|        |          <P.J.H.de_Koning at lumc.n|
|        |          l>                     |
|        |          Sent by:               |
|        |          vtkusers-admin at public.k|
|        |          itware.com             |
|        |                                 |
|        |                                 |
|        |          20/09/2002 02:31       |
|        |          Please respond to      |
|        |          "Koning, P.J.H. de     |
|        |          (LKEB)"                |
|        |                                 |
|--------+--------------------------------->
  |      To:     vtk <vtkusers at public.kitware.com>                                                             |
  |      cc:                                                                                                   |
  |      Subject:     [vtkusers] Transparant polydata                                                          |

Is it possible to change the opacity of a single triangle in vtkPolyData?

I want to create somthing like a 'window' in a polydata object and change
the opacity of that 'window'.

Patrick de Koning