[vtkusers] vtk4.0 installation on redhat7.3

Galen Wilkerson galen at sp1.compbio.washington.edu
Thu Sep 19 18:10:48 EDT 2002

>     GW> Any hints on getting vtk 4.0 installed would be greatly
>     GW> appreciated.
>
> Download the source, read the README.html and follow instructions.
> Ask here if you run into trouble.

Hmm, still having trouble with source installation:
When I run cmake, it gives me lots of errors. (see below)
Also see my CMakeCache.txt file below.  I've tried editing it to set the
directory correctly, but cmake still gives the same errors.

thanks,
Galen

galen at singularity%pwd
/tmp_mnt/singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK
galen at singularity%cmake -i
Would you like to see advanced options? [No]:Yes
Please wait while cmake processes CMakeLists.txt files....

CMake Error: Faild to create
directory:/singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK
CMake Error: Faild to create
directory:/singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK
CMake Error: Error splitting file name off end of path:
/singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin/cmake
Directory not found: /singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin
CMake Error: Error splitting file name off end of path:
/singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin/cmake
Directory not found: /singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin
CMake Error: Error splitting file name off end of path:
/singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin/cmake
Directory not found: /singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin
CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
Modules directory not in directory:
/tmp_mnt/singularity/maxa/home/galen/bin/cmake/Modules/FindVTK.cmake

CMake Error: The current CMakeCache.txt directory
/singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK/CMakeCache.txt is different than
the directory /singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK where
CMackeCache.txt was created. This may result in binaries being created in
the wrong place. If you are not sure, reedit the CMakeCache.txt
CMake complete, run make to build project.

galen at singularity%cat CMakeCache.txt
# This is the CMakeCache file.
# For build in directory: /singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK
# You can edit this file to change values found and used by cmake.
# If you do not want to change any of the values, simply exit the editor.
# If you do want to change a value, simply edit, save, and exit the
editor.
# The syntax for the file is as follows:
# KEY:TYPE=VALUE
# KEY is the name of a varible in the cache.
# TYPE is a hint to GUI's for the type of VALUE, DO NOT EDIT TYPE!.
# VALUE is the current value for the KEY.

########################
# EXTERNAL cache entries
########################

########################
# INTERNAL cache entries

//This is the directory where this CMakeCahe.txt was created
CMAKE_CACHEFILE_DIR:INTERNAL=/singularity/maxa/home/galen/src/vtk/VTK
//Major version of cmake used to create the current loaded cache
//
CMAKE_CACHE_MAJOR_VERSION:INTERNAL=1
//Minor version of cmake used to create the current loaded cache
//
CMAKE_CACHE_MINOR_VERSION:INTERNAL=4