[vtkusers] MacOS X, Tcl/Tk, & vtk

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Mon Sep 16 13:36:27 EDT 2002

Hello Lee,

The procedure is this:

Compile Tcl/Tk. Move Tcl.framework and Tk.framework to
/Library/Frameworks. Then get VTK and in CMake add the following things:

CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS
-I/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/Current/PrivateHeaders
-I/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/Current/PrivateHeaders
-I/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
TCL_INCLUDE_PATH /Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Headers
TK_INCLUDE_PATH /Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Headers
TCL_LIBRARY -framework Tcl
TK_LIBRARY -framework Tk

Now you should be able to just say make.

Make sure to run this after the build is done:

mkdir VTK-bin/bin/vtk.app/Contents/MacOS
cp VTK-bin/bin/vtk VTK-bin/bin/vtk.app/Contents/MacOS
/Developer/Tools/Rez -t APPL Carbon.r -o
VTK-bin/bin/vtk.app/Contents/MacOS/vtk

This will setup resources for the vtk executable.

			Andy