[vtkusers] Combining several mappers for vtkLODprop3D?

Rene Tschirley pooh at cs.tu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 13 14:12:25 EDT 2002

Hi Joey,

> I think vtkAppendPolyData is what you want.

Not exactly. vtkAppendPolyData takes a vtkPolyData as input and not the
mapper. It works as long as all polygonal data uses the same attributes
(ScalarRange, ScalarVisibility, LookupTable to name the ones I set
explicitly). It seems to be not possible to combine e.g. PolyData with a
vtkVolume which needs a vtkVolumeMapper.

But thank you for your advice. By now vtkAppendPolyData it will fit my
needs as all three slices may use the same mapper. I wonder how you all
find out how to build up your pipeline with all those funny named
objects. I expected a 'vtkXYFilter' or something like that, no
'appendPolyData'. :-)

Thanks again,
       René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley              http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group