[vtkusers] revamped ImagePlaneWidget tcl example

dean.inglis at on.aibn.com dean.inglis at on.aibn.com
Mon Sep 9 23:34:14 EDT 2002

Hi all,

I have checked in a revamped ImagePlaneWidget.tcl
in /Examples/GUI/Tcl. It has some nifty tcl/tk
GUI elements and makes use of a vtkTkRenderWidget.
Please bear in mind that my primary development
lang is c++, not tcl, so if someone knows a more
efficient/correct way, help me out. The example
is (hopefully) well documented.

The example demonstrates how to use the
vtkImagePlaneWidget to probe a 3D image dataset
with three orthogonal planes.
Buttons are provided to:
a) capture the render window display to a tiff file
b) x,y,z buttons reset the widget to orthonormal
positioning, set the horizontal slider to move the
associated widget along its normal, and set the
camera to face the widget
c) right clicking on x,y,z buttons pops up a menu to set the associated widget's reslice
interpolation mode.

The image capture makes use of a vtkTiffWriter and vtkWindowToImageFilter pair.  A file called
"image.tif" is dumped into the directory where the
example resides: you may want to change this
behaviour.

enjoy,
Dean