[vtkusers] more problems on VTK on OS X

Nirmal Chandra malapakan at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 15:08:11 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've been trying to use VTK on my OS X 10.1.4. Im having all sorts of
problems. I've been able to solve most of the problems thanks to the threads
on the archives.Most recently I got the make error  "internal link edit
command failed". I fixed that problem thanks to sander's suggestion on the
"More on Mac os x installation" thread.

http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2002-April/010848.html

I thought this would do it when about 15 minutes into the make I get the
following error.

VTK_USE_X:BOOL=ON:BOOL=ONk for: -framework OpenGL
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[5]: *** [/Develop/osxBin/bin/libvtkftgl.dylib] Error 1
make[4]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[3]: *** [default_target_ftgl] Error 2
make[2]: *** [default_target] Error 2
make[1]: *** [default_target_Utilities] Error 2
make: *** [default_target] Error 2

Can someone help me out? :(

Thanks