[vtkusers] A Installation problem

Zhaopeng Lei zlei at cisunix.unh.edu
Fri Sep 6 10:07:33 EDT 2002

I copied vtk source files to /home/zlei/software/VTK, and built it to
/home/zlei/software/vtk-linux.

When I run cmake in Examples/Tutoral/Step1/Cxx, I got a warning:
VTK might be found on your system as different flavours:
installed VTK or built VTK. Please make sure that the VTK_INSTALL_PATH or
VTK_BINARY_PATH setting reflects which VTK you are planning to use, then
set ONE of the USE_INSTALLED_VTK or USE_BUILT_VTK setting to ON.
I edited CMakeCache.txt and set VTK_BINARY_PATH to my binary directory,
but I cannot find USE_INSTALLED_VTK or USE_BUILT_VTK in this file.

I then run make, but got a link error:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lvtkRendering

Could you please tell me how to solve it? Thanks a lot.

- Zhaopeng :-)

        -_\|/_-
          /M\