[vtkusers] Still some problem about vtkPatented Class.

#YAN RI AN# PS7278514B at ntu.edu.sg
Tue Sep 3 03:38:51 EDT 2002

Dear Steffen:
I got the vtkPatented.lib file from building the library. The library is supplied by vtk CD.
Thanks that I also got the vtkPatented.dll from you.
I copied the vtkPatented.dll file into c:\vtk40\bin\ & c:\winnt\system32\. Then I copied the vtkPatented.lib into c:\vtk40\lib\vtk\. I also copied all header files into c:\vtk40\include\vtk. I also added the vtkPatent library when build with CMAKE. I build the headBone & mcubes project . compiled no problem. But the *.obj happened problem after linking. The message:
--------------------Configuration: mcubes - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
mcubes.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkMarchingContourFilter * __cdecl vtkMarchingContourFilter::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkMarchingContourFilter@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
Debug/mcubes.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

ALL_BUILD - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Is the vtkPatented Class still some bugs or need to obtain the licence? How about your process?
Thank you very much.

* Best Regards
* Yan Rian (Research Student)
* Email : ps7278514b at ntu.edu.sg