[vtkusers] Compilation problems...

Tuhin Sinha tk.sinha at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Oct 29 11:23:32 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

  I have two specific compilation errors that I was wondering about.

  (1)  Has anyone gotten the nightly tree to compile with the GNU 3.2 compiler
collection with processor specific optimizations enabled?  I get as far as
"vtkImageEuclideanDistance" and then I get compiler errors.  The error asks
me to submit a bug report to the GCC developers, but I wanted to make sure I
was doing things right.  My C(XX) flags in CMake were: "-O3
-march=pentium{3|4} -fomit-frame-pointer".  I tried this configuration on a
PIII 900 and a PIV 2.4, both choke at vtkImageEuclideanDistance (running
Debian Testing, and Gentoo 1.4_rc1).  Compiling without the
"-march=pentium{3|4}" works just fine on both platforms.

  (2) I can't get last night's source tree to compile.  Linking "vtk" stalls
with the following errors:

/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to `vtable for
vtkXTextMapper'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXRenderWindowInteractor::New()'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingTCL.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapperCppCommand(vtkXTextMapper*, Tcl_Interp*, int, char**)'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapper::CollectRevisions(std::basic_ostream<char,
std::char_traits<char> >&)'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRenderingTCL.so: undefined reference to
`XtSetKeyboardFocus'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapper::GetSystemFontSize(int)'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapper::GetSize(vtkViewport*, int*)'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapper::vtkXTextMapper[not-in-charge]()'
/home/sinhatk/VTK/bin/libvtkRendering.so: undefined reference to
`vtkXTextMapper::PrintSelf(std::basic_ostream<char, std::char_traits<char>
>&, vtkIndent)'

  Compiled with C(XX) flags: "-O3 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer" using
gcc3.0.  Is there something I'm doing wrong?  Thanks in advance for your
help.

Tuhin Sinha
--
Graduate Research Assistant