[vtkusers] Problem with vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor

Joshua A Foster jafoster at uncc.edu
Fri Oct 25 10:56:35 EDT 2002

I am having a problem updating the render window in FLTK under Linux.  I'm
using a vtkRenderer attached to a vtkRenderWindow, which is attached to the
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.  Mouse interaction works fine, but when I
manually refresh the screen by calling Render(), it crashes intermittently.
The error is usually:

XRequest.143: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied) 0x2800003

The view starts with one actor, then actors are added from other parts of a
program via a callback.  Is there a restriction on adding actors while
interacting with the window?

Another problem that I have frequently is not all actors being drawn.  I can
print out the visible actor count and it is correct, but only a few of the
actors are shown on the screen.  I can replace the
vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor with a regular vtkRenderWindowInteractor and the
actors are shown correctly.  Do you have any ideas on what I could do to
correct this?

Thanks,
  Joshua Foster
  jafoster at uncc.edu