[vtkusers] How to use a vtkLookupTable with more than 65536 entries

Pieper, Chris cpieper at kcc.com
Thu Oct 24 09:33:54 EDT 2002

I am still using VTK3.2 (I know, I should update...), but my problem is that
I am trying to set/get more than 65536 entries to/from a vtkLookupTable.
I'm not a programmer, but I did dig around in the vtkLookupTable.h file and
it seems that there may be some hard limit to the number of entries in a
LUT.  I tried the SetNumberOfTableValues() method, but did not get the
results I wanted.  My program works fine for anything with less than 65536
colors, but when I go over that number, I get bad looking results.

Does anyone have a solution to allow more than 65536 entries into a
LookupTable?

Thanks,

Chris

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt from disclosure under law.  If you have received this message in error, please inform us promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and destroy any printed copy.   Thank you.