[vtkusers] vtk-flk problem..

Charl P. Botha c.p.botha at its.tudelft.nl
Wed Oct 23 17:11:21 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 04:43:55PM -0400, K.R.Subramanian wrote:
> I am trying to use fltk with vtk  and having  a problem in even compiling the
> simple Cone example (that comes with the Charles Botha's classes)..  this is
> on SGI Irix 6.5.. as described below..

> > Trying to use fltk + vtk on our SGIs (Octane2, Irix 6.5) here and the Cone3 example has a
> > linker problem..
> > The application works fine on our Linux boxes.. let me know what might be the problem.
> > Here
> > are the diagnostics from our run..  (we are running vtk4.0 and fltk 1.1)
> >
> > chip.cs.uncc.edu% ls
> > Cone3.cxx      Cone3.o        Makefile*      Makefile.bak*
> > chip.cs.uncc.edu% make
> >         CC -g -g  -I. -I/usr/include/CC -I/afs/uncc/cs/irix/irixlinks/include/vtk
> > -I/afs/uncc/cs/irix/irixlinks/include/  -LANG:std Cone3.o  -o Cone3 -L.
> > -L/afs/uncc/cs/irix/irixlinks/lib  -lvtkfl -lfltk_gl -lfltk -lvtkGraphics -lvtkPatented
> > -lvtkRendering -lvtkCommon -lGL -lXt -lXext -lX11 -lm
> > ld32: ERROR   33 : Unresolved text symbol "vtkPolyDataSource::GetOutput(void)" -- 1st
> > referenced by Cone3.o.
> >         Use linker option -v to see when and which objects, archives and dsos are loaded.
> > ld32: INFO    152: Output file removed because of error.
> > *** Error code 2 (bu21)

Hmmm, I think I see the problem.  Please add -lvtkFiltering to the link
list, as vtkPolyDataSource is part of this kit.  Somehow, I forgot this in
the example Makefile and somehow it still works on other non-Irix platforms.

I'll update the Makefile and make a new package available.  Thanks for
reporting this!