[vtkusers] conversion of imagedata to poly data

Robert Klimek klimek at grc.nasa.gov
Tue Oct 22 08:13:21 EDT 2002

Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm working with 2D data; nothing about what I'm
doing is 3D. Basically here's what I'm trying to do. I read single tiff file
(a 2D image). I do some 2D image processing by executing the Canny edge
filter. You can see it at:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/VTK/Graphics/Testing/Tcl/Canny.tcl

The output of this filter is a vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels data but if I feed it
into vtkPolyDataMapper2D then I get polydata output.

Now I'm just trying to put it back in a 2D vtkImageData format so that I can
display it inside my Python/wxPython program (if I can convert the output of
the filter to vtkImageData then I'm home free, because I know how to convet
vtkImageData to wxImage format).

I've tried converting vtkSubPixelPositionEdgels to vtkImageData to no avail.
I've also tried converting the vtkPolyDataMapper output to vtkImageData to no
avail. BTW, the vtkShepardMethod appears to work with only 3D data.

Bob