[vtkusers] Contouring polygon & outline path

man m_ehrhart at altavista.fr
Thu Oct 17 11:57:38 EDT 2002

Hi all,

For modeling operation, I have to take an outline and expand it while moving it along a path (concave and convexe polygon). From a series vertices, how do I define a new polygon which is equal to the original
polygon plus/minus a buffer of a specified width around perimeter of the polygon.
This task is not contouring such vtkContourFilter since I have not got any scalar values with my mesh (vtkPolyData, just vtkArray for Points and one vtkCellArray for lines).
I don't know which class I can use.

Thanks
M;Ehrhart.