[vtkusers] Stereo rendering on a GeForce 3 on Windows2000

Schaap, J.A. (LKEB) J.A.Schaap at lumc.nl
Wed Oct 16 11:40:41 EDT 2002

Hi,

after several tips from all of you I found out how to enable stereo rendering in Windows2000 with a GeForce 1, 2 or 3 card.
It's quite simple and works beautifully.

There is a little tweak program that converts your GeForce into a Quadro card, called rivatuner. It works for drivers 28.32 and lower. (search google for "detonator version 28.32 download")
The Stereo3D drivers from nvidia's website are NOT needed.

Good sites with info are:

http://www.stereofoto.de/java/browsers/pageflip.html
http://www.nvworld.ru/index_e.shtml

It might not be really legal to uses this patch, but hey, if you pay a good amount of money for your graphics card you might expect it to support stereo rendering, don't you think?

Good luck with trying this very cool feature!
grtz, Jorrit