[vtkusers] Problem with surface reconstruction and contour filter in C++.

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Mon Oct 14 20:29:07 EDT 2002

> However it still doesn't fix my problem, in that the contour filter is
> not returning any data.

Oh. Sorry, I only looked at the compile error. My first guess would be

  // If you want to contour by an arbitrary array, then set its name here.
  // By default this in NULL and the filter will use the active scalar
array.
  vtkGetStringMacro(InputScalarsSelection);
  void SelectInputScalars(const char *fieldName)
    {this->SetInputScalarsSelection(fieldName);}

Try setting the scalar name to something appropriate and see if that helps.
Could be somehow you're getting a different scalar name in your data somehow
(and the contour filter isn't using it).

JB