[vtkusers] cmake configure error for VTK on Solaris 8

Xu, Yanjun yanjunxu at umich.edu
Mon Oct 14 15:20:59 EDT 2002

Hi, Dear All,

When I run ccmake for VTK on Solaris 8, I got the following error. Could
anybody help me with this? Thanks a lot.

Sincerely,
Yanjun

Determining if the function gethostbyname exists failed with the following
output:
gcc  -I/zubhome1/ResearchSources/VTK-build/CMakeTmp
-DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=gethostbyname -c
/export/home/local/share/CMake/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c -o
CheckFunctionExists.o
gcc   CheckFunctionExists.o   -o cmTryCompileExec
Undefined                                  first referenced
 symbol                                         in file
gethostbyname                       CheckFunctionExists.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cmTryCompileExec
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec] Error 1

Determining if the function connect exists failed with the following output:
gcc  -I/zubhome1/ResearchSources/VTK-build/CMakeTmp
-DCHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS=connect -c
/export/home/local/share/CMake/Modules/CheckFunctionExists.c -o
CheckFunctionExists.o
gcc   CheckFunctionExists.o   -o cmTryCompileExec
Undefined                                  first referenced
 symbol                                         in file
connect                             CheckFunctionExists.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cmTryCompileExec
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [cmTryCompileExec] Error 1

Determining if the include file sys/prctl.h exists failed with the following
output:
gcc  -I/zubhome1/ResearchSources/VTK-build/CMakeTmp   -c
/zubhome1/ResearchSources/VTK-build/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c -o
CheckIncludeFile.o
/zubhome1/ResearchSources/VTK-build/CMakeTmp/CheckIncludeFile.c:1:23:
sys/prctl.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [CheckIncludeFile.o] Error 1