[vtkusers] howto support a new file format

rudi at yeah.co.at rudi at yeah.co.at
Mon Oct 14 14:42:53 EDT 2002

Hey out there!

I want to implement a new reader of a non-commercial volume file format named
"f3d" and provide it as VTK class. I know the coding guideline and I am
trying to do it all in VTK's types. But I am still missing some generic
functions / templates / macros.

So where do I find functions / macros / templates similar to these:

#ifndef MAX
#define MAX(a,b)        (((a) > (b)) ? (a) : (b))
#endif
#ifndef MIN
#define MIN(a,b)        (((a) < (b)) ? (a) : (b))
#endif
#ifndef ABS
#define ABS(a)          (((a) > 0) ? (a) : -(a))
#endif

// unit type
enum UnitType{
  f3dUum = 1,			/* micrometers */
  f3dUmm,			/* millimeters */
  f3dUm			/* meters */
};

enum EndianType {
	f3dBigEndian = 1,
	f3dLittleEndian
};

and conversion routines.

I have all these but I want to replace it with vtk-proper functions.

With kind regards

Rudi