[vtkusers] vector field

Paul A Hsieh pahsieh at usgs.gov
Tue Oct 8 19:18:37 EDT 2002

Hi Philippe: The following approach may not be the most efficient but
should work. Suppose your vectors are in a dataset call ds.
1. Create a vtkFloatArray (one component) consisting of vector norm (scalar
value) at each point. Suppose this array is called "norms".
2. Put this array into the data set as scalars. In C++, this would be
ds->GetPointData()->SetScalars(norms);
3. Use vtkThresholdPoints to extract only those points having scalar value
(vector norm) between the two desired values.
Hope this helps.
Paul Hsieh

                      Philippe Vincent
                      <vphilou at caramail.com>         To:      vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                      Sent by:                       cc:
                      vtkusers-admin at public.         Subject: [vtkusers] vector field
                      kitware.com

                      10/08/2002 05:02 PM

Hi everybody,
I'm working on the rendering of a vector field and I've big
differences in norm between several space areas, I would
like to select and display all the vectors with a norm
between two values. Does everybody know if it's possible
with VTK (I'm using vtkglyph3D for that)
Thanks
Philippe Vincent
Envoyez des messages musicaux sur le portable de vos amis
http://mobile.lycos.fr/mobile/local/sms_musicaux/