[vtkusers] Python + VTK:[vtkRenderWidget.py, vtkTkRenderWidget.py] core dump

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Tue Oct 8 09:01:59 EDT 2002

Hi Prabhu,

    By recompiling my Python and VTK with the shared version of tcl/tk 8.3.3
    the core dumps stopped! So if anyone runs into the core dumps when
running
    Wrapping/vtkRenderWidget.py, Wrapping/vtkRenderWidget.py, etc., then
recompile
    Python and VTK with the shared version of tcl/tk.

    I feel that VTK should work with either the static or shared version
of tcl/tk.

    In any case, thank you Prabhu and Charl for your help.

Best regards,
    Dean